Hundreds of warnings in the log and G8F takes *forever* to load

Hello all,

I've been having a problem for quite some time now where it takes 5-7 minutes for a generic G8F model to load. G8M takes about 45 seconds; both examples are base characters.

When I open up my log, there are hundreds of lines like this:

2020-10-29 20:42:10.179 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6615): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/SF-Design/G8FBreastControl/SFD_G8F_BC_UD.dsf#SFD_G8F_BC_UD?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/AlFan/Fatal%20Stranger%20HD/Fatal%20Stranger%20Body.dsf
2020-10-29 20:42:33.090 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6681): Could not find target property for formula: abdomenLower:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Body%20Mixer/abdomenLower_CTRLMD_N_XRotate_n20.dsf#CTRLMD_N_XRotate_n20?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Skin%20Folds%20HD/Folds/SFHD%20Torso%20Bend%20Back%20Lower%20Folds.dsf
2020-10-29 20:42:33.104 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6681): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Raiya/Alison/FHMAlison.dsf#FHMAlison?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Raiya/Alison/eJCMAlisonEyesClosedR.dsf

These lines are not present if I check the log immediately after opening up DAZ, so they're popping up with the G8F load. Every non-stock G8F figure does the same.

There are many warnings for G8M also, but without the big wait for the figure to load:

2020-10-29 21:36:36.492 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6615): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/RedzStudio/Sitric%20HD/FBMRedzSitric_HDLV4.dsf#FBMRedzSitric_HDLV4?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/RedzStudio/Sitric%20HD/CTRLSitric.dsf
2020-10-29 21:36:38.798 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6615): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/3D%20Universe/ToonGenerations8/CTRL3duG8MTG_AutoPosing.dsf#CTRL3duG8MTG_AutoPosing?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/Oso3D/OsoPugman/Oso3D%20Pugman%20Head.dsf
2020-10-29 21:36:38.803 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6615): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/3D%20Universe/ToonGenerations8/CTRL3duG8MTG_Age.dsf#CTRL3duG8MTG_Age?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/Oso3D/OsoPugman/Oso3D%20Pugman%20Head.dsf
2020-10-29 21:36:39.618 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6615): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/RawArt/Massive/Raw_Massive_Bulk.dsf#Raw_Massive_Bulk?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/Marcius/Rock/Rock%20Monster%20Morph.dsf

Any advice on cleaning this mess up?

Erik

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

The log does tell you what the problem is, you just have to learn, how to see the trees from the forest. Calm and logical mindset is an asset.

"2020-10-29 21:36:38.798 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6615): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/3D%20Universe/ToonGenerations8/CTRL3duG8MTG_AutoPosing.dsf#CTRL3duG8MTG_AutoPosing?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/Oso3D/OsoPugman/Oso3D%20Pugman%20Head.dsf"

The above translates as - The file "Oso3D Pugman Head.dsf" (the %20 = Space) is referring to a file "CTRL3duG8MTG_AutoPosing.dsf", which DS cannot find. This is propably because ToonGenerations8 is not installed.

The logic is about the same with all the warnings you have listed

• ainukeainuke Posts: 79
    PerttiA said:

The log does tell you what the problem is, you just have to learn, how to see the trees from the forest. Calm and logical mindset is an asset.

"2020-10-29 21:36:38.798 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6615): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/3D%20Universe/ToonGenerations8/CTRL3duG8MTG_AutoPosing.dsf#CTRL3duG8MTG_AutoPosing?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/Oso3D/OsoPugman/Oso3D%20Pugman%20Head.dsf"

The above translates as - The file "Oso3D Pugman Head.dsf" (the %20 = Space) is referring to a file "CTRL3duG8MTG_AutoPosing.dsf", which DS cannot find. This is propably because ToonGenerations8 is not installed.

The logic is about the same with all the warnings you have listed

Ah, OK. So it's in dependencies not met, then... That also explains why there are G3F errors in there; I don't generally buy Gen3 figures, but I notice there are some figures that come as 3 & 8.

So this looks like it's going to get expensive to buy the dependent packages; unless I wait for PC+ sales.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Erik

• You don't need tp buy the products if you don't want to. These are not errors, they are warnings; they tell you that there is a link which doesn';t have its other end, but since the links are mainly corrective morphs to make two shapes work nicely together you don't need them if you don't have the other shape involved. Eliminating them (by removing the link code or adding the other property involved) might speed loading, since DS doesn't have to scan through every proeprty looking for a match, but it's still going to have a lot of links to establish when both ends are present, which is going to take time.

Duplicate Formulae, if you get that, is a problem (possibly an error in a single product but usually a clash between two products using the same name) and those can add a lot to load time on their own.

Duplicate Formulae, if you get that, is a problem (possibly an error in a single product but usually a clash between two products using the same name) and those can add a lot to load time on their own.

I appreciate you chiming in. How do I tell if I'm dealing with a dupe?

and is 5-10 minutes not considered a long time to load a figure? I loaded up a G3F and it took about 15 seconds. I have a crap-ton more morphs for G8F, so maybe that's it? 

Thanks for your input!

Erik

• If you have any duplicate formulae an alert box will pop-up to tell you so, if it loads without then it's just handling the error-less properties that's taking time. Yes, number of morphs is it - the more there are the more potential inter-relationships there are to check through and match to their target property. System performance must make some difference, though memory/CPU rather than disc IO, but I don't know how much - my heavily-ladent Genesis 8 Female takes under five minutes, I think, and it hit ten only when there was a duplicate formula issue.

If you have any duplicate formulae an alert box will pop-up to tell you so, if it loads without then it's just handling the error-less properties that's taking time. Yes, number of morphs is it - the more there are the more potential inter-relationships there are to check through and match to their target property. System performance must make some difference, though memory/CPU rather than disc IO, but I don't know how much - my heavily-ladent Genesis 8 Female takes under five minutes, I think, and it hit ten only when there was a duplicate formula issue.

Ok, thanks for setting me straight!

Erik