Framing camera bug

For a while now I've had a bug with the 'frame camera' button (the one that looks like a square with a plus sign inside on the viewport options tab). Usually, clicking on it will frame the selected object squarely in the middle of the screen. Sometimes however, clicking on it will zoom the camera out a really long way. The object is still centred, but to be able to see it I have to scroll in for absolutely ages. I thought it was just a bug with the older version of DAZ I was running, but I've since picked up a new computer and installed the newest version of DAZ, and the bug is still there.

Has anybody found a work-around for it, or am I just going to have to live with it until they find a way to patch it out?

Comments

• This usually seems to happen if the item being framed is far from the origin and your line of sight is away from the origin - if you then orbit the camera so that you are looking towards the origin and try framing again it should work.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Which tool are you using, and are you sure you only have the one object selected? I get bitten by something like this now and then, and so far I've usually been able to trace it to either having the Surface Selection Tool active, or having a twitchy mouse-button finger while clicking in the Scene pane.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

With the Surface Selection tool active, pick a surface on the object in the surfaces tab.  The framing tool will zoom you in as expected.

• ChallyIIChallyII Posts: 49
    edited October 2020

Ah- thanks, that's handy.

Edit: No, that doesn't work either. Surely I'm not the only one having this issue? It's happened on two different computers and two different versions of DAZ. And no, I'm not making any schoolboy errors like accidentally selecting something other than the figure component I want to focus on.

Post edited by ChallyII on