Geoshell, wet effect not visible on distance

Geoshell, wet effect not visible on distance

Hi, I have a problem and hope someone is here and have the knowledge so I can fix this in my render.

I have a geoshell to add a wett effect on the butt region.

In perspective view is it visible, but when I go in my Main camera, the effect will not be visible, I assume its something with the distance settings in the surface, but I have no experience with that sliders.

This are my camera values:

If that helps somehow...

----

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Try increasing the Offset on the Geometry Shell, in the Parameters pane.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

when I changed stuff there, got I black dots on clothes and or ugly effects on the skin.

• When you change views, you also change the angle of the lighting relative to the subject and the camera. My experience with  geoshells has been that lighting placement is very important - generally having the light near the camera will show the effects much better. Having black dots makes me think that from that angle, the light is coming from the side. It is annoying if you want side-lighting, but it does not work well.

yeah, the wet effect is no visisble, when the light doesnt give enough "shiny" touch.

Try increasing the Offset on the Geometry Shell, in the Parameters pane.

Tested, now it works ;)

So increasing the offset will help on distance.

• Loony said:

Try increasing the Offset on the Geometry Shell, in the Parameters pane.

Tested, now it works ;)

So increasing the offset will help on distance.

My suspicion was that the distnaces to the skin and the shell were so close that they got merged by rounding, increasing the offset might then be enough to keep them separate in processing.