Nvidia Driver

Hi community!

I'm sure this has been asked ad nauseam but every iray render has been falling back to CPU. Which Nvidia driver are you using currently that has solved this problem?  I'm currently using a GeForce 2080 Ti.  Thank you in advance. 

Best,

West   

Comments

• Hi community!

I'm sure this has been asked ad nauseam but every iray render has been falling back to CPU. Which Nvidia driver are you using currently that has solved this problem?  I'm currently using a GeForce 2080 Ti.  Thank you in advance. 

Best,

West   

And which driver and DS version?

• Hi community!

Best,

West   

The newest one. Get it from Nvidia.

• Hi community!

Best,

West   

And which driver and DS version?

Hi Richard!

I'm using the latest version of Daz (4.12) and Daz Beta Public Build (4.12.2.60).  I downloaded and installed the latest studio driver and the preview screen goes blank when on IRAY and black on render.  I had to rollback to studio driver 430.86 and now every render is done by CPU almost exclusively. :(   

Best,
    West

• The minimum drivers for Iray in DS are

4.12.1.118: 441.22 (not-Turing) or 442.19 (Turing)

4.12.2.50: 451.48

So 430.86 is too old and wuill always drop to CPU as a result.

• The minimum drivers for Iray in DS are

4.12.1.118: 441.22 (not-Turing) or 442.19 (Turing)

4.12.2.50: 451.48

So 430.86 is too old and wuill always drop to CPU as a result.

As always Richard, thank you so much!!! 

Best,

West  

• Thanks for this information! Is there any source where we can find the recommended driver version for each DAZ version?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited November 2020
    Heckbarth said:

Thanks for this information! Is there any source where we can find the recommended driver version for each DAZ version?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4684216/#Comment_4684216

under General there is usually a "Minimum driver requirement", when things change.

Post edited by Kerya on