Previous morphs got reset due to changing folders, how to get back?

qertqert Posts: 89

Hi

Today i moved all of my Daz content from C drive to D drive for more space however when i loaded my previous work in Daz, it says that my previous morph lists couldn't be found and my character morphs are set back to default,

How do i get my previous morphs back? 

Where does Daz usually keeps saved morphs so i can just transfer those files into my new D Drive folder?

Post edited by qert on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,896

Did you change your directories? Go into the content tab in preferences and click on Content Directory Manager at the bottom. Expand Daz Studio Formats, and if your new content location isn't in the list, add it.

• qertqert Posts: 89
    Gordig said:

Did you change your directories? Go into the content tab in preferences and click on Content Directory Manager at the bottom. Expand Daz Studio Formats, and if your new content location isn't in the list, add it.

Thanks for the answer but i have already changed the directories and everything is in place but my previously made morphs are still not found when loading up my previous work.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014
    qert said:
    Gordig said:

Thanks for the answer but i have already changed the directories and everything is in place but my previously made morphs are still not found when loading up my previous work.

Are you sure they have been saved with relative paths?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

Was the scene you're trying to load saved into a content folder?

PerttiA said:
    qert said:
    Gordig said:

Are you sure they have been saved with relative paths?

Not sure what you mean by this, as in adding more paths to the current folder?

edited October 2020

Yes, i copy and pasted my scenes from my old folder into the new D drive scene folder, old morphs is still reset.

Post edited by qert on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    qert said:

Yes, i copy and pasted my scenes from my old folder into the new D drive scene folder, old morphs is still reset.

That's not it — there is an actual difference in how scenes are saved inside DAZ|Studio, nothing to do with copy/pasting after the scene file is created.

If you save into a location listed in the Content Directory Manager, all the file's internal references to other files (textures, mesh, morphs, etc.) are relative; that is, the folder paths only ever show the location inside the listed CDM folders.

If you save to any other random folder, the scene internal references are all absolute — they show the complete folder path to where the files are right now on your computer's drives. If you move all the content folders, those references will still be pointing to where the files were on your C: drive. That's why you're getting "can't find" errors.

Note that there are two different ways of saving scenes (and presets). You can use the Save or Save As from the File menu, or you can use the "+" button at the bottom of the Content Library pane. The "+" button by definition always saves to a known Content location. The File menu save demands that you always locate the save location manually, and if you get it wrong, you've just saved a file with absolute paths.