Apply new scale and make it 100%

The question is pretty much in the title. I made a character through various morphs and dials, including the scale. Now it's 92%, how do I make it 100% default keeping the actual scale of the character as it is? In blender you can "apply" transforms doing exactly that. How do I do that in Daz?

Comments

• lasersayspewlasersayspew Posts: 71
    edited October 2020

Figured out a workaround for anyone interested:

1. Export the desired figure as an obj. (don't forget to change mesh resolution to base before doing that)

2. Reset scales of the figure to 100%.

3. Morphloader pro - load obj with reverse deformations. (it will apply the scaled morph without affecting the scale itself, but it won't change the rigging)

4. Edit - figure - rigging - adjust rigging to shape. (will deform the figure in some places)

5. Repeat step 3 changing "overwrite existing" to "deltas only".

6. Repeat step 4, the rig is more or less in place so the deformations will be a lot smaller.

7. 5-6-5-6 couple more times until there are no deformations at all. 

Done.

I like how in blender you just press ctrl+a and that's it. 

If anyone knows a better way - please tell me.

Post edited by lasersayspew on
  • The question is pretty much in the title. I made a character through various morphs and dials, including the scale. Now it's 92%, how do I make it 100% default keeping the actual scale of the character as it is? In blender you can "apply" transforms doing exactly that. How do I do that in Daz?

I believe there is no such thing in DAZ as applying transforms, which is seriously disturbing as I use Blender myself and got used to it :(

• ? why do you have to make the smaller size to be 100%? Save out either a character preset or a shaping preset and it will [should] load just fine.

• ? why do you have to make the smaller size to be 100%? Save out either a character preset or a shaping preset and it will [should] load just fine.

In Daz - sure. If you export to some other software though, non-1 scale will bite you eventually.

In Daz - sure. If you export to some other software though, non-1 scale will bite you eventually.

Okay then I understand why you want to change that.

I have a few ideas on how to make the change:

... In D/S simply change the size setting on the morph from 92% to 100% and resave the morph to exactly the same place as it is now, OR remake the morph at the 100% scale, give it a new name and save it to whichever subfolder locations you want the new morph at, or dig through the data folders {preferably with D/S closed}, find the morph that puts the figure to 92% and edit the file [text editor such as Notepad or Notetab Light] to keep it at 100% {whether it reads as percentages though or as numbers I don't know} ...

If you remake the morph you'll lose any special joint corrections that may have been made for the original morph(s).