Iray - Render "Loading time" between frames

Hello everyone ^^!

I was wondering something and I need your help to find the answer ^^'.
I'm right now rendering a 330 framed sequence with Iray. I have a RTX 2080ti so the render is quite fast, no problem with that.
The thing is, before starting the render with iterations scrolling etc.. Iray has a "loading time" during which the progression tab indicate "rendering frame *number of the frame*"
Usually, it takes 30 second at max between each frame. Right now it takes around 2 min and the render time itself only takes around 1mn30sec to reach 95% of Convergence.

The scene contains a genesis 8 female with clothes in an attic from this house (Just the attic, not the rest of the house) https://www.daz3d.com/c3d-neighborhood-xpack-1 and 2 spotlights.

I was wondering what might cause this loading moment to be longer so I could optimize my scene a little better

My configuration:

1. i7-9700K
  2. RTX 2080ti
  3. motherboard msi z390 gaming plus
  4. 32go of ram 3200mhz

Thanks you for your help!

Comments

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

Does it spend that amount of time loading if you have an iray preview in your view window?

• ThibaudThibaud Posts: 17
    Robinson said:

Does it spend that amount of time loading if you have an iray preview in your view window?

No, in my view window, from the moment I click on "NVIDIA Iray" to the moment the image starts to appear it takes 25 second.

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751
    edited October 2020

I mean if you load the iray preview in the view window and then render your frames.  This guy did tut way back and I'm not sure if it still works. 

Post edited by Robinson on
    Robinson said:

I mean if you load the iray preview in the view window and then render your frames.  This guy did tut way back and I'm not sure if it still works. 

I tried it, it's worse ^^'. The loading is longer and the render is slower.

I just found the problem, the subdivision level of my main character was to high, that's why the loading was so long ^^'