Fixing autofitting on Custom Characters

Hey pepz,

This may have been asked a fair amount but I can't find a solution to it. Ive bought Lucid dream which is for GEN 3 females. Putting it on a Standard gen 8 person works no problemo with the autofit feature and some minor changes. My question is whats generally the workflow of fixing it for a custom character (Part Karma, Part saya ect). I've tried sickleyields method but it breaks the clothing 99 percent of the time. I know riversoft has a convertor but i don't really want to spend 25 on it to find out it's not going to work on a custom figure. Many thanks, OP.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,204

By "custom character" do you then mean a non genesis figure?

If so, I don't think autofit can help you, because then there is no reference for how to handle the clothing. I think for a custom character you need to fit the cloth manually in a modelling program, and then you can use transfer rigging to your character.

• felis said:

By "custom character" do you then mean a non genesis figure?

If so, I don't think autofit can help you, because then there is no reference for how to handle the clothing. I think for a custom character you need to fit the cloth manually in a modelling program, and then you can use transfer rigging to your character.

It's basically just using the sliders to create a custom character from the genesis models. ( victoria , karms, saya ), I myself haven't gone in and edited the models. Normal gen 8 clothing works fine . I just don't know if I need to do something so the clothing knows the base has changed size, height ect. many thanks for the reply.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

There are some height-sliders that can cause that

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,071

Is a morph supposed to adjust both the vertices and the skeleton?
    If so, then maybe you have a bad morph that's adjusting the vertices and not the skeleton?

I would go through all of your morphs, one by one, and find the bad morph or morphs.
    Then turn on the joint editor to see what it does to your skeleton.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,398

just transfer it to base and then morph in your character...

• lilweep said:

just transfer it to base and then morph in your character...

Could I get a quick tutorial on what you mean? 

• PerttiA said:

There are some height-sliders that can cause that

I went through this morning and changed some height sliders It was one of them. Many thanks for this info, I will try and find one that doesn't effect the autofit. Many thanks! :) 

• desireroaddesireroad Posts: 76
    edited October 2020

FIXED, Many thanks.

Post edited by desireroad on