Where to get 'daz 4.9.4.111' ?

When trying to open the Genesis 8 base figure I get attached error message.

Since the figure DOES load, ofter clicking OK, does this error message actually mean anything?
Is there actually a 4.9.4.111 version?

I have 'central' and 'IM' installed

Thanks.

daz-4.9.4.111.jpg
509 x 333 - 73K

Comments

• Which version are you using? it must be pretty ancient, the current is 4.12.1.118 (which would be new enough, but there's a risk of other incompatibilities if your current version is really old).

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

IIRC that's the oldest version of D|S that includes the functions and bits of code that allow all of the new features in the Genesis 8 figures to work. Way back when G8 was first released, one of the official DAZ_Person replies discussing the issue said something like "G8 will probably load, but it might not be completely functional". I can't remember now just what it was that wouldn't work.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391

IIRC that's the oldest version of D|S that includes the functions and bits of code that allow all of the new features in the Genesis 8 figures to work. Way back when G8 was first released, one of the official DAZ_Person replies discussing the issue said something like "G8 will probably load, but it might not be completely functional". I can't remember now just what it was that wouldn't work.

Well there's a least a problem with autofit, it doesn't take the "A pose vs T pose" into account.

• T.KickT.Kick Posts: 60

All good and well, but where to download the latest???
    Since it's a lock-in now, with 'Central', I cant seem to find a version to dowload and install manually...?

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@T.Kick "Since it's a lock-in now, with 'Central'"

DAZ Central isn't the only choice to download products.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391
    T.Kick said:

All good and well, but where to download the latest???
    Since it's a lock-in now, with 'Central', I cant seem to find a version to dowload and install manually...?

To download the manual version of the General Release you go to your product library and search for "4.x": https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_13176

There's no manual installer for the Mac version due to some technical problem with installers, but the windows installers should be there.

Stop being so criptic please, help me out here?

• T.Kick said:

Stop being so criptic please, help me out here?

What is your issue? You should have Daz Studio General release in your Product Library, as a downloadable isntaller, or in Install Manager or Daz Central if you use one of the instalaltion applications.

Leana said:

To download the manual version of the General Release you go to your product library and search for "4.x": https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_13176

There's no manual installer for the Mac version due to some technical problem with installers, but the windows installers should be there.

Thanks @Leana

What is your issue? You should have Daz Studio General release in your Product Library, as a downloadable isntaller, or in Install Manager or Daz Central if you use one of the instalaltion applications.

Hey Richard,

Supposedly I have updated, button even says 4.10
    If I open it tho, it's still 4.9.

So whatever is offered, aint working, hence...

LoL

Now the download keeps failing, haha

Will try again later.

Thanks again

• I'm afraid that downloads have had problems - not sure if there's a specific, server issue or if it's just traffic levels.