FLUIDOS meshes

So, I've been playing around with FLUIDOS a lot recently and I've run into a few issues which I'm hoping people can help me with.

The big problem is mesh generation. Sometimes there just seems to be no fluid creation. The mesher is parented, it's at the same location as the parent, it's switched on, the simulation has completed but no matter how you move the slider, sometimes there's just no mesh generation.

In one example I found that moving the mesher to a certain location brought the mesh into the visible area (it appears it can only be displayed within the FLUIDOS domain, which makes sense). In other examples, it didn't seem to matter how I moved the mesher.

I can usually get it to work if I use the default positioning of both mesher and the domain, but if I move the domain and try to set an object as a fluid body (ensuring they're the child entity of the domain) it only seems to work some of the time. It seems positioning is somewhat important when doing simulations and I can't seem to work out the relationship between how all the pieces fit together to get certain effects. Does an object have to be a minimum size before it can be turned into a liquid, or is it simply based on the current grid size?

I don't currently own FLUIDOS II, so I don't know if there are any major improvements to the system. Stuck with the original version for now, so if anyone can give some info on how best to use it I would be forever in your debt.

Comments

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,296

You are more advanced than I am on this, wish I knew what you already know. I got Fluidos 2 on sale and I have only scratched the surface but I plan to learn this awesome tool! Maybe we can trade notes once I get a grip on the fundamentals.  :)