hide/remove clothing that's joint

Hey everyone! Is there any way to hide or remove (through opacity for example) an area of clothing that's not in surfaces? Meaning, this outfit for instance: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-x-fighter-outfit-and-weapons-for-genesis-8-females It says has two X-Figther-Shoulders and you can only apply them both. I only want one but they are still bound in surfaces - Shoudler A, B,C and D are sub-divisions meaning cloth, spikes, etc...
I want my left shoudler to have the outfit on and my right shoulder bare. How do I so this (if possible)?!

Thank you, as always!

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,899

You can hide (or delete) the polygons with the geometry editor, or assign the polygons to separate surfaces so that one can be hidden through opacity.

• lumiasartlumiasart Posts: 126
    Gordig said:

You can hide (or delete) the polygons with the geometry editor, or assign the polygons to separate surfaces so that one can be hidden through opacity.

that seems fascinating. hum... how do I do that? or what tutorial should I be looking for? xD thanks!

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

It's quite easy, actually (and I can never find the tutorials when I need to).

Select the item in the scene and switch to the Geometry Editor Tool. In the Viewport, right-click -> Selection Type -> choose your selection type (Polygons is easiest for this purpose).

Next, right-click again -> Selection Mode. If you can isolate the piece you want to hide, Lasso or Marquee mode will get all polygons in one shot (the selection will only affect the item selected in the scene tab). With Drag selection, you need to touch all polygons (or at least one on every subsurface) and grow the selection until all are selected. It can be as fast if all are connected, and not connected to something else. Whatever works.

Once you have the shoulder polygons selected, right-click again -> Geometry Visibility -> Hide Selected Polygon(s). If you missed any, you can select them and hide them, too.

And that should do it. Note that this is not a permanent solution, the hidden polygons will return when you reload the scene. If you wish to re-use the parts without having to do this every time, you would need to save new assets, and make new presets to load them. That might be more than you want to do at this time, so see how it goes with just hiding the polygons.

• lumiasartlumiasart Posts: 126
    NorthOf45 said:

It's quite easy, actually (and I can never find the tutorials when I need to).

Select the item in the scene and switch to the Geometry Editor Tool. In the Viewport, right-click -> Selection Type -> choose your selection type (Polygons is easiest for this purpose).

Next, right-click again -> Selection Mode. If you can isolate the piece you want to hide, Lasso or Marquee mode will get all polygons in one shot (the selection will only affect the item selected in the scene tab). With Drag selection, you need to touch all polygons (or at least one on every subsurface) and grow the selection until all are selected. It can be as fast if all are connected, and not connected to something else. Whatever works.

Once you have the shoulder polygons selected, right-click again -> Geometry Visibility -> Hide Selected Polygon(s). If you missed any, you can select them and hide them, too.

And that should do it. Note that this is not a permanent solution, the hidden polygons will return when you reload the scene. If you wish to re-use the parts without having to do this every time, you would need to save new assets, and make new presets to load them. That might be more than you want to do at this time, so see how it goes with just hiding the polygons.

Thank you so much!
    I actualy found this tutorial as well in case it helps someone in the future