Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures part 3

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

At the risk of plugging my own product, have you seen this?

Face Transfer Shapes for Genesis 8 | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

I did this in response to seeing many requests for something that made the morphs out of the standard Face Transfer more generally usable and I think it does a good job, plus quite a lot of customisation possible to fine tune the results.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

PhilW said:

I did this in response to seeing many requests for something that made the morphs out of the standard Face Transfer more generally usable and I think it does a good job, plus quite a lot of customisation possible to fine tune the results.

I have this, it seems to work well, especially when the source photo had some lens distortion (wide-angle / tele for instance)

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

PhilW said:

If you are using the Daz face transfer app, I'd rate this addon for it as an absolute requirement.  It made a huge difference for me when I started using it.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

dragotx said:

PhilW said:

If you are using the Daz face transfer app, I'd rate this addon for it as an absolute requirement.  It made a huge difference for me when I started using it.

Thanks for the endorsement! smiley 

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited January 2021

Based on the other entries in the series this would be Sean Maher (Simon Tam in Firefly/Serenity)

DTG Studios Symon for G8 Male (renderosity.com)

Post edited by Haruchai on
    edited January 2021

Vysur's new standalone figure has more than a hint of Cara Delevingne about her to my eyes

Lyra Original Figure 3D Models Vyusur (renderosity.com)

• hyteckithyteckit Posts: 167
    edited January 2021

PhilW said:

I just realize the models created by face transfer don't look like the celebrity that the photo was based on without the skin it generated. It's because the 3D mesh isn't really shaped close enough to the photo  of the celebrity. All the contours, shadows, lips are from the skin/photo and not the 3D mesh of the model. So it only looks like the photo with the skin it generated. Kinda like putting a 2D image of top of a generic 3D mesh face.

If I apply a different skin, the face of the model looks so weird. 

Post edited by hyteckit on
  • Haruchai said:

Vysur's new standalone figure has more than a hint of Cara Delevingne about her to my eyes

Agreed. Shame she's a totally standalone figure. Unlikely to get further clothing. Seems a retrograde step to me unless Poser/DS are not intended as the main markets for the character.

Regards,

Richard 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

richardandtracy said:

Haruchai said:

Agreed. Shame she's a totally standalone figure. Unlikely to get further clothing. Seems a retrograde step to me unless Poser/DS are not intended as the main markets for the character.

Regards,

Richard 

Vyusur used to offer freebies that allowed some (most?) of their original figures clothes and (afaik) hair from G8 figures on Rendo, but they seem to be have vanished?

So yeah, too bad that these figures have such a limited usability...

• Does anybody know or did this character that looks like Norah O'Donnell?

1402049257Norah O'Donnell.jpg
    350 x 350 - 49K
    cen_norah_800x1000.jpg
    425 x 531 - 38K

RayDAnt said:

derezz119 said:

https://www.most-digital-creations.com/g3_g8_celebrity_series_82.htm

Who is this?

Emma Roberts

Good call. I'll update the first page list. 

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

https://www.daz3d.com/abigail-hd-for-genesis-8-female

Very loosely reminiscent of Emily Browning, but it might just be the first promo... has anyone bought her? If so, can you check her height? If she's about 5'2" then I'd say there is some nod toward Ms Browning.

Frinkky said:

Very loosely reminiscent of Emily Browning, but it might just be the first promo... has anyone bought her? If so, can you check her height? If she's about 5'2" then I'd say there is some nod toward Ms Browning.

Don't have her but totally agree, promo 7 has the hair from Sucker punch. 

• lwaveslwaves Posts: 237

Frinkky said:

I agree, it's a very loose resemblance but I definitely think she's based on Emily Browning. The first promo doesn't show it for me but the 2nd, 4th, 6th and 7th do, then of course the Sucker Punch hair that's already been pointed out.

• arstropicaarstropica Posts: 49
    edited February 2021

Due to a lack of time & learning curve, I broke down and bought the #72 Celebrity Series for its textures, which I used on my own model of Jennifer Connelly. I may have to try and figure out how to do photorealistic textures with custom moles and eyebrows in the future.

CS #72

My JC Model

Post edited by arstropica on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,731

Niesha as Amber Heard with bigger eyes

Amber Heard - Glamour Women of the Year Awards 2018 ...

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734
    edited February 2021

dragotx said:

PhilW said:

Agreed.After the face transfer using the addon makes a big difference. A must have for Face Transfer users. This was a quick Octane preview render not optimized yet. 

WilliamCapture.PNG
    1130 x 863 - 702K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120

At the first look on Torment 8.1 I thought he looks like a male model. I searched and I would say Lucky Blue Smith wink

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,256

JUJU said:

At the first look on Torment 8.1 I thought he looks like a male model. I searched and I would say Lucky Blue Smith wink

Honestly, my first thought was Tilda Swinton.  

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,424
    edited February 2021

Gordig said:

JUJU said:

Reminded me of that tall lanky blond guy who played a teenaged King Arthur in a "Camelot" TV show.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,801
    edited February 2021

Gordig said:

LOL, you're not wrong.

I had to think of Troy Sivan at first... but not really. Torment is clearly older than Troy.

Post edited by Hylas on

Jennifer Carpenter?

edited February 2021

Gordig said:

Jennifer Carpenter?

Go to agree, good spot :)  Very good likeness.

I'll update front page accordingly.

I saw the shape of her eyes and immediately thought "Dexter's sister". 

edited February 2021

Gordig said:

I have never seen an episode of Dexter (please don't shout at me, I have enough friends who do that already) but I did know her from the Limitless TV series and recognised her immediately I saw the post above.

Haruchai said:

Gordig said:

I have never seen an episode of Dexter (please don't shout at me, I have enough friends who do that already)

Honestly, it's not great.

• Gordig said:

Haruchai said:

Gordig said:

I have never seen an episode of Dexter (please don't shout at me, I have enough friends who do that already)

Honestly, it's not great.

Dexter is AWESOME!  Except the last season, it was a stinker. They are having a new season soon, to make up for it. 

This discussion has been closed.