dForce Kay Hair Loading Without Textures or Color

I'm trying to load dForce Kay Hair for Genesis 8 onto a Genesis 8 figure, but it keeps showing up as a featureless white mane, and when I switch into Iray mode, it disappears completely except for the scalp. I tried adding the appropriate materials to the hair, but I get this error:

Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_material" type; no root(s) found.

I installed the hair through DazCentral, so I'm guessing it's not putting files in the right place? Any suggestions on what needs to be moved where?

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,034

I have that hair and I install through DIM. In the Pro Public Build, I loaded the hair onto a character and expanding the hair, to 'KayHairDF' I selected that and went to materials and clicked on 'Blue1' and when I did a spot render the color showed up. The hair does appear as white until you render it, it seems. Have you tried a spot render? Do you have materials? There are 3DL and Iray options.

Mary

• Okay, I found the problem. I reinstalled with DIM instead of Daz Central, and suddenly there were options for "Preview Hairs" and "Preview Render" that didn't show up previously.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,034

I think you found one reason I backed myself out of Daz Central after it was released. I messed up my file structure and took me a bit to fix it. I stay away from it like the plague now.

Good luck on your renders!