Iray Uber Base can't be applied to anatomical elements [SOLVED]

adoniogtsadoniogts Posts: 98

I'm starting to dabble around with Iray renderings and I'm starting to apply the Iray Uber Base. So far I've been able to apply it to figures and hair (the figure and hair gets a bit darker) and when rendered it looks great. But when I try to apply the Iray Uber Base to the genitals it doesn't load. I've tried applying the Iray Uber Base to the genitals from the content library>Iray>daz uber and nothing changes in the genitals surface options... it still looks lighter compared to the figure's skin (the color the figure is when not having the Iray Uber Base applied). I've also tried to copy paste the figures surface to the genitals but it doesn't get applied.

So far I've applied the Iray Uber Base to the figure's skin, to the hair and even to some objects successfuly, I don't understand why the Iray Uber Base doesn't apply to the genitals.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Nevermind... I found a way. U can't apply the Iray Uber Shader if the genitals are fitted to the figure... When it's unfited to the figure the Iray Uberbase applies fine....

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

When using a shader, as opposed to a material, you have to select the item (genitals), then go the Surfaces tab, select the desired surface, then double click the shader.

Doesn't matter whether the genitals are fitted or not, they are still separately selectable.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Note that simply applying the Iray Uber Base shader does not change any Surfaces setting values, it simply converts everything to Iray parameters. This is exactly the same as if you render 3Delight materials without converting — the conversion is done automatically at render time. Which figure are you using, and are you sure it doesn't come with actual Iray material settings?