Problem With "Carousel Diamond Pack," Pole is Transparent

The pole for Diamond Carousel Pack is mostly transparent, pushed a lot of buttons and sliders, can't figure it out. Thanks for any help. Product: https://www.daz3d.com/diamond-carousel-pack

Diamond Carousel Pack Problem.jpg
777 x 777 - 77K

Comments

• My guess is it is using a limited range for the Transparency setting - rather than using the full 0 to 1 range and limiting the grey tones used. Unfortunately in Poser the variable is the lower bound, in DS the upper, so the translated value produces a spread from fully transparent to partially opaque instead of the intended partially transparent to fully opaque. One fix you be to go into the surfaces for the part, set the Opacity (or Cutout Opacity, depending on which shader is applied) to 100% instead of its current value (say 60%), then use the Layered Image Editor (from the image menu on the property - click the transparency map's mini thumbnail) to apply a white overlay, and set its opacity to the original opacity value (60% in my example). That should reproduce the intended look, if it was using basic Poser properties.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

I don't see where you can apply a white overlay but I get something close by checking the INVERT (NEGATE) box.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Well, you could do that, but (in 3DL) the bitmap used for the Opacity basically washes it out. It is called "WeirdReflection", so I suspect it should go in a different channel. Drop it in the Reflection slot if you want the fake reflection, and turn up the strength regardless (loads at 0%). The colour comes completely from the reflection colour (there is no diffuse colour), so it is basically a mirrored surface, and needs something to reflect.

Diamond Carousel_test.jpg
    800 x 800 - 124K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited October 2020
    mwokee said:

I don't see where you can apply a white overlay but I get something close by checking the INVERT (NEGATE) box.

Add a new layer, set its opacity to the desired value, set its colour to white (with no Resource applied it will just be a solid colour overlay).

Add a screen layer in LIE.jpg
    829 x 701 - 59K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on