Jumpsuit Material Files for dForce Mod Jumpsuit Outfit for Genesis 8 [Issue Solved]

Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,015

Not sure what is happening or why but I am getting this error, when trying to apply a material preset to the Jumpsuit part of the dForce Mod Jumpsuit Outfit for Genesis 8..

2020-10-20 02:33:32.806 Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_material" type; no root(s) found.
2020-10-20 02:33:32.806 Error reading file, see log for more details.
2020-10-20 02:33:32.992 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(3409): Empty absolutePath passed to DzContentMgr::getRelativePath()

The thing is that applying material presets to the belt and boots for this product are totally fine, it is just the jumpsuit that is giving me grief.. As above I am not sure why this is happening, as all the relevant files are there so no files missing that I can tell..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on

Comments

• It's fitted to the figure it was made for, and parented to the figure too?

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,015
    edited October 2020

It's fitted to the figure it was made for, and parented to the figure too?

Ahh k, yeah it was operator error (me) I feel a bit silly.. lol Was trying to use the item on Genesis 3, did not know that the material presets worked that way.. Thank you for your help.. smiley

• It is a draw back. One fix is to load the correct base figure, temporarily parent the jumpsuit to that (you can leave it fitted to the right figure), and apply the preset - that should work. You could also build fresh presets by aplying them with the jumpsuit parented to the correct figure, then either save a regular materials preset or unparent it and save a new hierarchical materials preset (I expect the Jumpsuit uses Hierarchical presets because it has bits, such as buttons or buckles, parented to Rigid Follow Nodes - they would then be ignored by a regular materials preset).

edited October 2020

It is a draw back. One fix is to load the correct base figure, temporarily parent the jumpsuit to that (you can leave it fitted to the right figure), and apply the preset - that should work. You could also build fresh presets by aplying them with the jumpsuit parented to the correct figure, then either save a regular materials preset or unparent it and save a new hierarchical materials preset (I expect the Jumpsuit uses Hierarchical presets because it has bits, such as buttons or buckles, parented to Rigid Follow Nodes - they would then be ignored by a regular materials preset).

Thank you for the help, was thinking that was what I would have to do.. smiley It is odd for this sort of thing to happen as never had it happen before, my only guess is that it probably has to do with it being a dforce item as well..

• Ghosty12 said:

It is a draw back. One fix is to load the correct base figure, temporarily parent the jumpsuit to that (you can leave it fitted to the right figure), and apply the preset - that should work. You could also build fresh presets by aplying them with the jumpsuit parented to the correct figure, then either save a regular materials preset or unparent it and save a new hierarchical materials preset (I expect the Jumpsuit uses Hierarchical presets because it has bits, such as buttons or buckles, parented to Rigid Follow Nodes - they would then be ignored by a regular materials preset).

Thank you for the help, was thinking that was what I would have to do.. smiley It is odd for this sort of thing to happen as never had it happen before, my only guess is that it probably has to do with it being a dforce item as well..

Not directly, but a dForce item is very likely to use rigid Follow Nodes for buttons etc. and that is what make the artist use Hierarchical materials Presets. They do get used for non-dForce sets too, however, where the artist doesn't want morph projection distorting things like buttons or badges.

Ghosty12 said:

Not directly, but a dForce item is very likely to use rigid Follow Nodes for buttons etc. and that is what make the artist use Hierarchical materials Presets. They do get used for non-dForce sets too, however, where the artist doesn't want morph projection distorting things like buttons or badges.

Ahh k thank you, I never knew about that and the many things one learns about Daz Studio and content.. smiley