Angled shadows?

Dear all,

I have completed a render today which I like very much, but then I realized that I got a strange shadow close to her chest. The shadow looks squared, and I wonder a) where is this coming from and b) how do I fix it? It looks very unnatural currently. 

Did you experience this already, and do you know what to do against it? I circled it blue in attached image.

Thanks for your help!

Some portraits - 17_print.jpg
2000 x 3000 - 5M

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    deepswing said:

Dear all,

I have completed a render today which I like very much, but then I realized that I got a strange shadow close to her chest. The shadow looks squared, and I wonder a) where is this coming from and b) how do I fix it? It looks very unnatural currently. 

Did you experience this already, and do you know what to do against it? I circled it blue in attached image.

Thanks for your help!

Convert the top to SubD, if it isn't already!

• deepswingdeepswing Posts: 152
    deepswing said:

Dear all,

Thanks for your help!

Unfortunately the top already is converted to SubD, so this doesn't work. :(

• deepswing said:
    deepswing said:

Dear all,

Thanks for your help!

Unfortunately the top already is converted to SubD, so this doesn't work. :(

I had the same problem with a different product. I even unlocked the limits on the SubD slider, bumping it to lik x4 or x5. It didn't solve the isuue, so I'm also interested in hearing what might be the cause of this.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957

Dial the Render SubD Level (Minimum) to 3-4 that should help, but you can dial in the clothing's SubDivision Level to 3 but it uses a lot of VRAM...