How to manuely Install Ska Mothion's Cat walk for Victoria 4.2

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Can anyone please explain to me how to install the Ska Motion walk for victoria 4.2 in Daz. I am running MAC OSX 10.9.4 and DAZ 4.6

I recently Purchased products from Daz Studio, including getting the new Program and I am excited to use this new Program.

I also recently purchased this Walk Designer from SKA motion, the walk cycle. So far everywhere I go to see if I can find a tutorial on how to install this, I only keep pulling up on how to install content. Not only that, but when I downloaded the product, it was not a zip file, as the instructions indicate for zip file installation. So there is not enough instructions, and is very vague.

Anyway, just a simple detailed explanation would really be appreciated. I have Poser and DAZ and I am overbloated with confusion and frustration on to correctly install. So bad that I had to recently scrapped my entire windows system, because stuff was no longer working right. Which is why I switched to MAC!!!! PLEASE HELP SOMEONE! :ohh:

Comments

• vintorixvintorix Posts: 220
    edited August 2014

The Ska files come in two flavors Daz and Poser, but they are different.
    The Daz files are only 1 or 2 cycles of 30 frames each while the Poser files are lengthy animations.
    That is because Daz has aniblocks and it is very easy to concatenate to longer walks while in Poser that is more difficult.

The Daz files are a bunch of paired files like turn180.ds/turn180.gfa, turnLeft.ds, turnLeft.gfa etc..Put the folder with all those files inside the My Library/Content/aniBlocks folder.

The Poser files are pose files (pz2) that belongs in the pose directory In the Poser Runtime.

You will probably want to have the full lenght poser walks in Daz too-
    Attach the Poser Runtime by right clicking under "My library" and chose "Add a Base Directory" and pick the folder where the Poser Runtime is.

Now you can play your Poser ska walks in Daz Studio. For maximum convinience you can save them in Daz internal format in the aniBlocks folder and you no longer need to have the Poser Runtime attached.

Post edited by vintorix on