Wepons and Props twisting and distorting

So I'm making a Paladin Character Render for a friend and using Paladin MMXD. I Assign the sword to the character Model but when I try and Pose the Character, The Hilt and Crossguard twist and distort. Why is this and how do I fix it?

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited October 2020

I don't have that product, but it sounds like it's "fit to" the character instead of parented to the hand.

Select the sword and in the parameters tab find the fit to option and make sure it says none.

Then you will probably have to zero out the bones in the sword to straighten it out.

Post edited by kaotkbliss on
  • Gotcha. I'll try this. Seems they added a bit more functionality in this new version of Daz but it increased the learning curve a bit as well.

How do I zero out the sword bones?

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

The only way I can think of that it would be able to be fit to, would be if the sword was saved as a figure instead of a prop. In which case in the scene item list the sword will have a little solid triangle next to it and when you expand that it will have little bone icons. Select each bone icon (or hold ctrl and select all the bones) and in the parameters tab select all the bones again (if you did the ctrl and selected them all from the previous step) and set all the translate and rotate dials to 0

• Thank you both. I shall try this.

• Are you using ther set on the figure it was made for or on another? If the items were set up as figures, when you fit them to a different figure DS will use AutoFit to convert them - and that will remove the carefully applied custom bones, if any, and weight maps. In many cases it may be better to cancel the AutoFit dialogue, if it opens, and then just parent the item to the right body part (sword to hand, for example).