Materials not loading

So I'm noticing in Daz 3d 4.12.1 that my figures load in with materials but when I try to apply Materials to Clothing the Materials do not apply. I am using Daz central to load everything and running Daz3d from the open button in it. I'm at this point noit sure why Materials are not loading.

Comments

• No error message? Are you sure you have the right piece of clothing selected when aplying the preset?

• Yes. For Example I'm using the PALADIN MMXV and Trying to put the Color from it's own materials for the Sash onto The Sash Object thats in the same set while it's on the Caharcter, and it does Nothing. No color change what so ever.

• Infact it's not doing it for ANY Materials. I can't color hair using materials that go WITH that hair set. Nothing changes.

• Shapes don't apply either.

• Poses? Please post a screen shot of the application.

• edited October 2020

https://pasteboard.co/JwgOICU.png

Ok so I'm using leyton hair for example and it won'y let me apply the Leyton materials onto the hair to change the color. And It's not just the hair. It's anything. It keeps the original base color of the Item and won't let me change it. Except for eyeballs it seems.

Post edited by InquisitorWhitefire on
  • edited October 2020
    Post edited by InquisitorWhitefire on
  • I mena I AM using some older stuff but in the older version of Daz 3D I could make it work. Now it just refuses to work.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

You don't appear to have the hair selected in your screenshot.

• Let me try that. Nope. I click on it and the sidebar to the right thats ays acto just kinda flashes and reload and nothing happens.No Color change, nothing. I can't even Select the hair it appears.

• Would a Complete Uninstall/reinstall fix this issue?

• So yeah. Tried a COMPLETE Uninstall/Reinstall of everything and it still does not work.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,328

According to your screenshot, you seem to have the Victoria 6 figure selected, not her hair. You need to go to the "Scene" tab and select Leyton Hair, then try applying the materials.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Can you select the hair in the Scene pane?

• Ah ha! THAT worked. Okay so things have REALLY changed since last time I used Daz 3D. LAst time I used it it was 4. something.

• Now I just gotta figure out why other things are attaching at the wrong places, but THAT is another Thread.