Can't put Hat Hat Hat product into my custom categories (Solv)

lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

In the CMS, when I try to copy the Hat Hat Hat product references from their default installed location to a custom location in "My Categories", they won't appear thereafer.

https://www.daz3d.com/hat-hat-hat

I'm using Studio 4.11.0.383.

Post edited by lukon100 on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

I had no problem with it. What does the metadata say? If it has the custom category on the items, then it could be conflicting references in the database. Is it something you installed recently, or a long time ago? Try re-installing twice, that seems to clear the cobwebs sometimes.

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

Thanks for your help, NorthoOf45.

I orginally installed this product a long time ago. It is also on an installation of Daz 4.10 on my older computer, where it does show up in the "My Categories" area of CMS.

On your advice, I re-installed twice. I used Install Manager.

This did not fix the problem.

I do not know how to view and edit metadata.

To view metadata for the whole product, in the Content Library go to the Products view, folder H, and scroll down to Hat Hat Hat. You should see some Accessories and Materials. Right-click on the folder and select "Edit Metadata..." to open the editor. Verify if the Store, Name, and Token (SKU) are properly set. Select the Assets tab. You will see a list of all the items in the product. Click on one to see, in the bottom half, which categories it has been assigned to. Check that the Path (People/Genesis/Props/Nathy/Hat Hat Hat) and Content Type (Follower>Accessory>Head or Preset>Materials) are set.

All that is all set automatically, so if anything is missing, there's a problem. One step at a time...

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

Thanks again for your help, NorthOf45.

The Hat Hat hat product was greyed out int the "Poducts > H" category of CMS.

The items comprising the product were NOT greyed out in the "Daz Studio Formats > My Daz 3D Library > People > Genesis > Props > Nathy > Hat Hat Hat" category.

So I tried to view the metadata for the Ha Hat Hat folder (by clicking the "Edit Metadata" menu item) in the "... Nathy" path. The info box did not even state such things as Store, Name, and Token there.

So I went to the grayed out version in the Product area. "Edit Metadata" was absent from the menu. But the menu did have an "Update Metadata" option. So I used that. After the metadata updated, I was able to install the product (re-install) from within CMS. That fixed it all. The items were even restored to their locations in my "My Categories" section of CMS.

Ha! Just found a note I made for myself that the metadata is wrong for this product. The Studio version (Hat Hat Hat DS) installs to "Hat Hat Hat", but the metadata has "Hat Hat Hat DS" as the last folder in the path used for all assets. I corrected my own metadata and went from there. Not sure what you got, or why it would be different from the DIM version.