Can I delete 'My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud' directory?

The following directory 

C:\Users\Myself\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud 

occupy about 5 GB of memory on my C drive.  Can I delete this directory without causing any damage? What is it's purpose?

Cloud 1.JPG
1137 x 841 - 92K

Comments

• That is content which has been isntalled through Daz Studio. As long as the Content Management System shows the content as having been installed that way DS will use those files instead of any Install manager/Daz Central/manual install, so deleting the folder is likely to cause load errors. If you wish to use the files from other isntall methods make sure nothing is installed through DS itself before deleting any left-over files. I can't recall if, or how, you can filter the Installed tab of Smart Content for Connect Installs but you could try selecting everything, right-click, and select Uninstall if present.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

I have been wondering the same thing, I have this folder as well but I have never used connect to install anything, I always use DiM to install not Connect so why would I have this folder?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    Kharma said:

I have been wondering the same thing, I have this folder as well but I have never used connect to install anything, I always use DiM to install not Connect so why would I have this folder?

Have you ever logged into Connect?  Then you'll have metadata there.  Otherwise it should be empty.

Kharma said:

Have you ever logged into Connect?  Then you'll have metadata there.  Otherwise it should be empty.

Are you meaning connecting when I start Studio?  I do connect to get metadata updates but thought that was for DIM, I have never used Connect to install anything but I see more and more files in that folder all the time.  I asked about it long ago but nobody responded I think.

Kharma said:
    Kharma said:

Are you meaning connecting when I start Studio?  I do connect to get metadata updates but thought that was for DIM, I have never used Connect to install anything but I see more and more files in that folder all the time.  I asked about it long ago but nobody responded I think.

Yes, when you log in the metadata updates are saved in that "My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud" folder.

edited October 2020
    Kharma said:
    Kharma said:

Yes, when you log in the metadata updates are saved in that "My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud" folder.

Ok, so is it ok to delete everything in that folder or not and why doesn't if have references for all items I have installed through DIM?

Post edited by Kharma on
    Kharma said:
    Kharma said:
    Kharma said:

Ok, so is it ok to delete everything in that folder or not and why doesn't if have references for all items I have installed through DIM?

If you delete them I don't think it will remove the data from the CMS database -- if it does you can re-import metadata to get the data as it was installed by DIM.  If you keep it set to login when DS starts it will download it again if you set DS not to log in automatically it will stay empty.

I don't know if it's supposed to include items which can't be installed with Connect or not, like the 4th Generation figures (V4, M4, etc.)