Light through animated billowing smoke

How do I animate light through billowing smoke/haze/fog?

I would like the smoke/haze/fog to move while the lights move and interact with the lights.

I have lights and atmospheres but the atmospheres don't seem to have animated fog.

Is there a fog animation plugin in the Daz shop? Preferably a fog field rather than fog layers or planes.

It might take a long time to render but it would be the only thing in the scene... 

Thanks for any help on this.

:)

Comments

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,298
    edited October 2020

When I look at the examples that were created in Fluidos they look like they were created on single core Pentium 4.

I know Fluidos is powerful but how much of a hog is it?

The examples could not look any more rudimentary as they do and the YouTube videos on how to use it are pretty much non existent.

Here is an example of the volume I would like to create.

The banding is quite noticeable in 4k.

I currently have two Nvidia 1080tis I would have an RTX 3090 but they will be sold out for months...

Anyone familiar with Fluidos, could I create an animation like this in Fluidos?

Notice how fine the particles are.

Also notice the terrible color banding in this photo especially near the black area.

This image was sold as a 4k clip but obviously it is not.

My rendering resolution I am aiming at is 4k.

A one minute clip would be 1800 frames at 30/second.

So it might take a week to render.

I resized the image down to 2000 pixels but this is the image I would like to try and emulate in a fluidos animation.

I think it is called turbulence in 3d Max what is the Fluidos equivalent to turbulence?

If I were to set the particles as course as possible but still fine and the render quality low I bet I could still achieve better results than this.

What are your thoughts on this possibility?

Light Gradients Banding edit small.jpg
    2000 x 1082 - 416K
    Post edited by RexRed on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,053

I don't own the DAZ studio one

I use OpenVDB in Octane render and have in Blender

and Carrara has a free FLUIDOS as well as Volumetrics the Octane plugin converts to voxels

I am primarily a Carrara user blush

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,298

iREAL Animated Clouds

https://www.daz3d.com/ireal-animated-clouds

This is a product I own already, I will try this.

I would love to own Fluidos but i need a sale on the main non upgrade product.. (hint hint)