Re Ranger Props for Genisis 2

petes imagespetes images Posts: 213

Hi, hope you can help. I load Genisis 2/Wardrobe/Ranger outfit + hair, all is fine, but the props it produces a dialogue box saying an "error occured while reading the file", i have also had the dialogue box claiming that a file is missing "dthdr-ruins-500.hdr" I have tried uninstalling/installing and even downloading again but nothing helped. could somebody guide me on where i go now. thanks

Post edited by petes images on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,053

Hi, hope you can help. I load Genisis 2/Wardrobe/Ranger outfit + hair, all is fine, but the props it produces a dialogue box saying an "error occured while reading the file", i have also had the dialogue box claiming that a file is missing "dthdr-ruins-500.hdr" I have tried uninstalling/installing and even downloading again but nothing helped. could somebody guide me on where i go now. thanks

have you got the starter essentials installed? that ruins HDR is in those

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391

but the props it produces a dialogue box saying an "error occured while reading the file"

Look in the log to see what the actual error is.

• Leana said:

but the props it produces a dialogue box saying an "error occured while reading the file"

Look in the log to see what the actual error is.

Looked in the log file, sorry but may as well hve been ritten in mandarin, have not a clue what that all means

• Hi, hope you can help. I load Genisis 2/Wardrobe/Ranger outfit + hair, all is fine, but the props it produces a dialogue box saying an "error occured while reading the file", i have also had the dialogue box claiming that a file is missing "dthdr-ruins-500.hdr" I have tried uninstalling/installing and even downloading again but nothing helped. could somebody guide me on where i go now. thanks

yep, just checked but have unistlled it, re-downloaded it just installing it so will try when that has done

• That generic error tends to pop up if you try to use a preset without an object selected for it to try to apply to - exactly which file(s) are giving the error?

• Hi, hope you can help. I load Genisis 2/Wardrobe/Ranger outfit + hair, all is fine, but the props it produces a dialogue box saying an "error occured while reading the file", i have also had the dialogue box claiming that a file is missing "dthdr-ruins-500.hdr" I have tried uninstalling/installing and even downloading again but nothing helped. could somebody guide me on where i go now. thanks

yep, just checked but have unistlled it, re-downloaded it just installing it so will try when that has done

no didn't help

• That generic error tends to pop up if you try to use a preset without an object selected for it to try to apply to - exactly which file(s) are giving the error?

the prop files

the prop files

What is the file name and path?

the prop files

What is the file name and path?

don't ask me how, but the props are now showing and working. haven't a clue as to what i did