DS "deleting" objects routine

Something i don't understand is why Ds goes through a deleting of objects and clearing of the scene even if the scene is utterly empty, in a session that I just have loaded. I mean, I have done nothing yet, it's limbo, not a poly in there. What is DS deleting and why does it take so bloody long O_o

Comments

• Faster to simply close and reopen D/S ;-)

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Is the scene that you are loading the default DAZ Studio scene, or have you specified a custom startup scene? If the latter, I believe the behaviour may be associated with DS clearing its default startup scene and loading your custom scene. As for it taking so long, exactly how long is it taking?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

It may also be a standard message to give the impression that DS is doing something, even when there is nothing to clear or delete.

• It's not easier to "Simply close daz and restart" because daz will remain open in the background. Doing whatever it's doing and you will not be able to reopen daz until it's done or if you terminate it's process in task manager. It's pretty annoying that this is not resolved yet.

• The scenario goes like this:

Example 1 - I open a fresh empty scene, then let's say I load one G8. If I delete this figure and then decidse to run a new scene, the phenomenon occurs despite nothing being there.

Example 2 - I open a fresh scene, then load a subset which includes a G8, the materials presets I gave her, a wig and maybe some eyebrows.While she loads from the library, the same message displays.

I fail to see the logic there, in both case DS wants to delete items from a scene where there is nothing left or nothing yet.  

About the "close and restart DAZ", if anyone is interested, I found a workaround to speed up the process.

I created a shortcut to C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe with this command in the target field: C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /f /fi "status eq not responding" and added ity to my taskbar. I gave it a grinning skull icon to evoid clicking it by mistake. Now, when I close DS, after a couple seconds I click on that and then I restart DS. Comes up right away.

• second_technician_rimmer_9571136c47 said:

The scenario goes like this:

Example 1 - I open a fresh empty scene, then let's say I load one G8. If I delete this figure and then decidse to run a new scene, the phenomenon occurs despite nothing being there.

Example 2 - I open a fresh scene, then load a subset which includes a G8, the materials presets I gave her, a wig and maybe some eyebrows.While she loads from the library, the same message displays.

I fail to see the logic there, in both case DS wants to delete items from a scene where there is nothing left or nothing yet.  

About the "close and restart DAZ", if anyone is interested, I found a workaround to speed up the process.

I created a shortcut to C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe with this command in the target field: C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /f /fi "status eq not responding" and added ity to my taskbar. I gave it a grinning skull icon to evoid clicking it by mistake. Now, when I close DS, after a couple seconds I click on that and then I restart DS. Comes up right away.

Nothing left in the scene, but there is stuff left on the undo stack (if you are talking about the time taken). Prompting for a save even if all chnages have been undone, or if all data has been erased, is pretty common - I won't say every application does it but I have others which do.

• Chasmalim said:

It's not easier to "Simply close daz and restart" because daz will remain open in the background. Doing whatever it's doing and you will not be able to reopen daz until it's done or if you terminate it's process in task manager. It's pretty annoying that this is not resolved yet.

D/S4.12 - I don't have this issue so yes this works well for me. However there is another method for loading figures to a new scene. Right-click on icon [I use the Content Library] and 'merge' the figure in. Then figures such as G8 don't have to 'clear the scene' etc. before loading.