Installing/Using Daz Content files to Google Drive storage

Hello!

I searched for an answer through forum but couldn't find one, neither how to do this, if it's possible. It seems to be a myserious subject.

I just bought a new computer, but what I am trying to do is to work in Daz, from both computers, old and new one. (2 different locations).

I tried to find an answer if:

1. it's possible to use Content files on both computers, though a Google Drive storage (which would be linked to my old computer's local drive?

2. If this is possible, all the contents that I am installing in my local drive, will automatically be saved in the Goolgle Drive folder?

3. How do I do this?...

Thank you very much for helping me!

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

I don't see any reason, why it couldn't be done, but how fast and reliable is your connection?

I wouldn't store DS content on any cloud, even with knowing how to leave the most important files on local drive.

• PerttiA said:

I don't see any reason, why it couldn't be done, but how fast and reliable is your connection?

I wouldn't store DS content on any cloud, even with knowing how to leave the most important files on local drive.

Hello and thank you for your answer!

My internet is pretty fst as far as I know. 

Why wouldn;t you share them, if the google drive would be for personal use, locked? 

But still...how can I do this, how do I set the settings to be able to use the Google drive storage?

Thank you!

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Are you using Windows? In Windows, you should be able to map your Google Drive as a network drive, then point DAZ Studio to that mapped drive in Content Directory Manager. If you want to use DIM, you will also need to point it to that mapped drive. You will need to do this on each computer.

• SixDs said:

Are you using Windows? In Windows, you should be able to map your Google Drive as a network drive, then point DAZ Studio to that mapped drive in Content Directory Manager. If you want to use DIM, you will also need to point it to that mapped drive. You will need to do this on each computer.

Hello and thank you very much for your advise! Yes I am using Windows! How do I do that, if I may ask?

Thank you,

Amy