Reality 100% GPU, iRay 0 GPU

Hi!, I been searching and reading  lot here about why iRay sometames don't uses the GPU graphics card. Most of the people says is because the texture size, but when I use the same scene from Daz iRay to Pret-a-3D Reality, Reality uses the 100% GPU what is ok for me, but I almost don't know to use Reality, in change I know to use Daz Studio, but this one don't uses the GPU!, With the same scene and the same textures, Why??

Comments

• First how are you measuring if iRay is using your GPU?

• With: TechPowerUp GPU-Z, and with the nvidia Quadro view 

• What is your driver version? Does a simple scene (e.g. a single sphere) render on the GPU?

• Hi!, is the latest driver from graphic s card, I have Win 10, but in the past versions from Daz Studio, it just to use the GPU, with the last one not, I just have a V7 with a stormtrooper clothes, only that, no background because I need the png. I wish I could use the Post Denoiser, but it only worked about 5 times, and after that never again crying

Or there is a way to make Post Denoiser work again?

• What is the actual version number of the driver - WIndows automatic updates is often behind.

• Is 456.38 ,I have windows auto updates turned off since a long time 

• OK, that should be new enough, as long as the GPU is a supported model. Which GPU is it? And have you tried the sphere render?

• Well, I download weeks ago the Nvidia Quadro QNF dreiveres instead of the ODE, This have to be that my Windows is in Spanish, and the drivers on English?, What is sphere render? surprise

• Create>New Primitive, select Sphere, click Accept, and render.

• I see my GPU works at 50% to 80% crying

• OK, so it is working - just not with the scene in question. What is the GPU? How much memory does it have?

• Thanks, It's a Quadro K600 1gb. But with this card I just to do the same on past versions from Daz, I just do pngs for flyers, I never do scenes with background, This could be because V7?, most o f my characters are V4. G1, and G2

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited October 2020

I'm amazed you have managed to render anything in 4.12.x on a 1GB, non-RTX card - for non-RTX cards Iray now passes additional code to the GPU to match the missing features, and that is going to wipe out almost all of the memory before anything else is sent across.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • I don't have too much characters for V7, just 5, but the strange thing is that Reality uses all the GPU, and Daz not, with V7. I would like to use reality, but I need to learn from A to Z that software, By now I only see to re do my figure with a G1 or G2 charactes. Thanks for all the help blush