Disable Postgre database?

How do I totally diable DS from looking for the database?

It is just an annoyance while booting that I would prefer to avoid. ( this is not critical as it does not impede anything...just like to let DS boot without having to wait for then dismiss that missing DB errror )

I cannot use it anyway in my setup.

I have 4 machines on network one of which is a server for content for the other three. One machine is my production machine while two others serve as render engines.  Using the database simply does not work for my multi PC environment with a central server that does NOT run DAZ only serves files.

Comments

• I'm not sure you can. There doesn't seem to be a setting anywhere. 

• In fact people have managed to get the Content Management System to work on multi-machine systems. Not having it running will break features of DS, and is likely to be more of an obstacle in future.

• How do I totally diable DS from looking for the database?

It is just an annoyance while booting that I would prefer to avoid. ( this is not critical as it does not impede anything...just like to let DS boot without having to wait for then dismiss that missing DB errror )

I cannot use it anyway in my setup.

I have 4 machines on network one of which is a server for content for the other three. One machine is my production machine while two others serve as render engines.  Using the database simply does not work for my multi PC environment with a central server that does NOT run DAZ only serves files.

@paul_ae567ab9 Forgive me if I have misunderstood what you are trying to do.

If I remember correctly while I was getting DS to run under Linux, the Postgres DB is literally just a plain vanilla Postgres DB. Did you try running it on your server, and having the production/render machines point to it? We always seem to configure the connection string as localhost or the same IP as the computer using it, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work with the IP of your server instead.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

There are three causes of this that I've encountered personally,

1) The Content Management System (CMS) isn't installed, since 4.9 the CMS has been a requirement as it has it's hooks into so many areas of DS4.

2) The CMS is being blocked from running either by the OS or by the AV, the redesign of the CMS for 4.9 basically turned it into a parasite program, Windows paranoid security systems (especially on W10) don't like programs like that. Then there's the AV, most see programs like that as ransomware, and block them.

3) DAZ Connect, it has a pathway listed in the Content Directory Manager, if that directory isn't readable and writeable then every time you start DS, Connect is going to cause that error, even if the CMS is working properly.

• Bejaymac said:

There are three causes of this that I've encountered personally,

1) The Content Management System (CMS) isn't installed, since 4.9 the CMS has been a requirement as it has it's hooks into so many areas of DS4.

2) The CMS is being blocked from running either by the OS or by the AV, the redesign of the CMS for 4.9 basically turned it into a parasite program, Windows paranoid security systems (especially on W10) don't like programs like that. Then there's the AV, most see programs like that as ransomware, and block them.

Windows 10 doesn't have any general issue with the use of IP within the local machine for communication between applications, you are however right that security tools can cause problems.

Bejaymac said:

3) DAZ Connect, it has a pathway listed in the Content Directory Manager, if that directory isn't readable and writeable then every time you start DS, Connect is going to cause that error, even if the CMS is working properly.