After disk location change, Smart Content requires queue re-import to show newly installed files?

I recently needed to change my DAZ content's drive so as not to run out of space on my primary disk. I changed the relevant pointers in Daz and in the DIM. Everything appears to be working except that after I use the DIM to download new content from the store, it doesn't show as installed in Smart Content until I reimport the metadata in "Content DB Maintenance."

That's a pain in the, uh, workflow. Does anybody know how to get the Smart Content DB to recognize newly installed content automatically (as it normally does) without going through that rigmarole?

Thanks.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

So DIM is installing to the new location, but the new content doesn't show up in DS until you re-import within DS?  Are both DIM and DS looking for the CMS database in the same place?

• hadavarhadavar Posts: 25

That's pretty much it. The content seems to be showing as grayed out and in need of download in Daz even after I install it until I reimport. I'm including a screenshot of my Daz content manager settings and my DIM settings. As far as I can tell, they should both be looking in D:/My Daz 3D Library for content. And they do--after an import. Before that, though, even restarting Daz doesn't get a newly installed piece of content to show as installed.

Content Manager Pointers.png
    1063 x 630 - 53K

In the DS Content Directory Manager, expand "CMS Cluster Directory" and make sure it matches "Content Database Base" in DIM.

They do match. I left those at default; no reason to fiddle with the actual database location.

Does the DIM log have any messages like "error connecting to database"?

No errors connecting, though I was getting 500 errors on trying to download one particular package out of about 18 or so I was installing--it took me a dozen or so tries, but I finally got that laggard through the pipes.

And then that package showed up in Daz properly.

So after hours of wrestling and getting nowhere (cf. the aforementioned 18 or so files, which were the problem children), the problem seems suddenly to have resolved itself. Don't know why. I changed nothing.

Thanks for sticking with me. I'll holler if it rears its ugly head again.