Question About Using Dual GPU Setup [EVGA RTX 2070 Super & EVGA GTX 780 ti Classified]

Hi all,

I just built a new PC setup for rendering in IRAY and 3Delight in DAZ Studio.  Can anyone tell me if its worth installing my old EVGA GTX 780ti Classified together with my new EVGA RTX 2070 Super GPU?  It just seems a waste having the old GPU lying around doing nothing.  I have a second slot on my Asus TUF X470-Plus mobo that is not used.  The processor is AMD Ryzen 2700x with 32GB of RAM.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• It is probably a waste. A 780ti has 3Gb of  VRAM which is effectively nothing for iRay. The card would draw power while doing nothing.

• It is probably a waste. A 780ti has 3Gb of  VRAM which is effectively nothing for iRay. The card would draw power while doing nothing.

Okay, that makes sense.  Thank you for responding.

• I have dual NVIDIA cards, a GTX970 and GTX1080, I only use the GTX1080 for IRAY rendering, but have the both the displays hooked up to the GTX970.  This way when the 1080 is under 100% load while rendering, my displays and computer respond without lag