Kalaa broke Daz context filters

vagansvagans Posts: 422

Once Kalaa was installed, I'm no longer able to Filter by Context. For example, going to the Posing tab with a G8F selected (Not Kalaa, just G8F), there are no Presets available with Kalaa greyed out in the dropdown (which isn't clickable). I have to turn off Filter by Context to be able to select any Pose Presets. I've never even loaded Kalaa.

What's worse? Uninstalling Kalaa doesn't fix it.

kalaa_bug.JPG
187 x 599 - 17K
Post edited by vagans on

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Yeah, Kalaa's a little borked.  With Kalaa, you need to go into Edit>Scene Identification and change the Preferred Base to Genesis 8 Female and then Filter by Context worked normally for her.  But for me this only affected Kalaa and not any other characters. 

Since there was an easy fix, and it wasn't an expensive character, I didn't bother putting in a ticket.

• I have the same issue. I don't know for sure if it was installing Kalaa that broke things but she was the first character I noticed it with.

Filter By Context no longer works for any Genesis 8 Female character. It's very annoying.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

I think someone told, re-installing Genesis 8 Starter Essentials fixed the issue.

• rainoftoadsrainoftoads Posts: 50
    edited October 2020
    PerttiA said:

I think someone told, re-installing Genesis 8 Starter Essentials fixed the issue.

Thank you. That did the trick.  I had to go through Install Manager: uninstall Genesis 8 Starter Essentials and then reinstall. When I restarted Daz Studio, Filter By Context was working again.

Thank you again.

Post edited by rainoftoads on