Annoying content problem

I have been having some file corruption in both DIM and DazCentral (at least that's what I think it is). First my Ultimate Hardlights quit working and now Evo Girl doesn't want to load up. I have the legacy version installed but when I load the .cr2 file I get the following strange error. What  is happening? I'm afraid more of my content will do that.  I would now rather install the zips to be quite honest (if it's going to continue to do that with the installers). I have scanned my harddrives and they both check  out fine with no problems so I know it's not the HD that's the problem.

!Evogirl problem.jpg
839 x 550 - 73K
Post edited by narundita_85a6d2c495 on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

What's the exact path to the .cr2?  Can you post your Content Directory Manager with all 4 sections expanded?

• What's the exact path to the .cr2?  Can you post your Content Directory Manager with all 4 sections expanded?

daz.jpg
    466 x 459 - 35K

Everything looks right except the last entry under Poser Formats.  Is that where the disappearing content is installed?  Windows protects "Program Files"-type folders and moves files to a virtual store, which would explain why they keep disappearing.

• The problem is  that it's all installed in "My Daz 3D Library". So that shouldn't affect anything I would think.

What's the full path to Evo-Girl.cr2?

• edited October 2020

It sees the Evo-Girl.cr2 but when I click  on it to launch it, it then says it can't see it. I unset  the read only on the entire 3d content folder. I'll see if that fixes it.  Meanwile the full path is D:\Users\username\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Libraries\Character\Evo-Atomik
    I'm wondering if the metadata  is the culprit.

Post edited by narundita_85a6d2c495 on

If you hover over the icon in Content Library, does the popup show the correct path?

• Here's my paths.

!!DAz.jpg
    507 x 534 - 136K

Right, that's correct, the question is whether the icon in DS that says the file doesn't exist is looking at the same path.

• It is. That's why I'm stumped. The only way I can load it is by selecting "create link for asset" then going to that folder and clicking on the *.djl file. But I don't want to have to do that. I don't know how it lost the ability to load the cr2 file. I had a problem before with loading a certain light set but eventually it got fixed but this one continues despite removing and reinstalling it several times.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

Try something for me please. Go to your Content Directory Manager and re-arrange your Poser directories with D:\Users\username\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library being the top one. See if that changes anything.

• Ascania said:

Try something for me please. Go to your Content Directory Manager and re-arrange your Poser directories with D:\Users\username\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library being the top one. See if that changes anything.

No it doesn't, unfortunately. I was hoping it would.