Nvidia GTX 1080ti Card Listing issue in DAZStudio?

Hello everyone,

Last night, I uninstalled a video editing trial program and let the uninstallation commence while I left the computer. I return and spome of my programs are missing and DAZStudio is corrupt. I remove the dead links and reinstall DAZ 4.12 and everything seems fine, that is until I render a scene in IRAY that normally takes 20 mins and is now taking 3 hrs to render. I take a look at my render settings and see this strange list of my video card in the render advanced settings:

Cuda 0 Geforce GTX 1080ti (WDDM-Display)  

I have had this card for almost 2 yrs now and it just read Geforce GTX 1080ti and now, it is reading something else. I don't know what this means, does anyone happen to know what that means, by chance?

It is like my video card suddenly has stopped working and renders are extremely slow.

Thanks for the help!

Merc

Comments

• That's just the way it displays in 4.12. Make sure it is selected.

• Thanks Kenshaw for the reply, I really appreciate it. Ah, okay, if that is how it is displayed in the new version of 4.12, that great. I do have it selected and will try another test render tonight.

Thank again for your assistance Kenshaw,

Merc

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@Mercblue22 "until I render a scene in IRAY that normally takes 20 mins and is now taking 3 hrs to render"

There is a minimum driver requirement for Studio 4.12.X.XX. Make sure you at least the minimum. Also make sure your scene doesn't exceed the VRAM available to your card. The newer drivers use more VRAM for the non RTX cards. Finally, uncheck CPU, otherwise the card will always use the CPU even with the GPU.

• Thanks fastbike for the reply and suggestions, I appreciate it! I rendered another scene last night with just my 1080ti card selected and it rendered in normal 15-20 mins time. I think what happened before was that I used a figure with detailed skintone materials which lead to the 3 1/2 hr render. I also installed the latest driver for my VC which just came out yesterday, so everything appears to be working properly now. :)

Thanks again fastbike, have a great day!

Merc

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@Mercblue22 "I think what happened before was that I used a figure with detailed skintone materials which lead to the 3 1/2 hr render."

If you haven't noticed, a closeup render will take much longer than a full figure shot, especially hair.