interpenetration of clothes agaisnt skin...how to fix it?

Hi, 

so i just posed my character and it seems like a part of the arm is poking throught the clothes. 

i tried using the geometry tool, but i cannot move those vertices.(nor can i find soft selection)

(also(it seems like if i bring it to zbrush the whole thing breaks)

how can i move points? googled for the same issue and solution, but couldnt find anyththing

please help. thanks.

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Before you try to move the mesh, try the Smoothing Modifier (Parameters tab -> Mesh Smoothing). If there is none, you can add one from the main menu -> Edit -> Figure -> Geometry -> Add Smoothing Modifier. Set Collision Item to the character, and play with the Collision and Smoothing iterations. Increase them a little at a time until the poke-through goes away. If that doesn't help, more drastic measures might be required.

• The term you need to search for is "poke through."

If tweaking the mesh smoothing doesn't fix it, there are a few products in the shop that can help. Fit Control by Zev0 is a good one, Poke-Away is another, but they are specific to particular Genesis versions and genders. Mesh Grabber could be a more general solution, or you could try moving the clothing around yourself with a D-former.

A fast and dirty solution can be to simply make the relevant body part invisible. If an arm is poking through a long sleeved garment, set its visibility to Off and it won't matter. It saves on rendering resources too.

• If there is no pokethrough visible in the texture shaded working view, but there is in an iRay rendered version, then it may be down to surface displacement settings. Last night I came across a jumper where this happening. The jumper normal was the opposite of what I expected and as I increased the displacement, I increased the jeans pokethrough in the rendering. Once I realise, and reversed the surface displacement, it all worked properly.

Regards,

Richard

• ItsaMeItsaMe Posts: 42

thanks for the suggestions..they didnt really work(also for some reason mesh grabber is currently not availiable- not sure whats up with that) . -another issue is that i was also planning on moving parts of the hair myself , but i guess its not really possible to just grab vertices and move them around in daz...its unbelievable o_o .the software sure has a lot of strengths..but i guess this is a big weakness

• ItsaMe said:

thanks for the suggestions..they didnt really work(also for some reason mesh grabber is currently not availiable

Available here (unless you have a Mac): https://www.daz3d.com/mesh-grabber-win