Fresh Install

Hello Everyone,

I have a new computer with two hard drives. One is my 1TB C drive and the second is my 6TB D drive. I want to install DAZ 3D on my C drive and load from C drive and install all content such as characters and props on my D drive. How do I do this?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

If you install with DIM, go to Basic Settings and leave "64-bit software base", "32-bit software base", and "Content Database base" on the C: drive, and change the others to the D: drive.

• I will be using the installer provided by DAZ3D. Is there a way to direct it to install the content to my D drive or do I have to manually do it?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Do you mean DazCentral, or the Smart Content tab inside Daz Studio?  DazCentral will put software and content in the same pace (although it will use the settings from Daz3D Install Manager if you use that first).  Connect (installing from inside DS) can be set to install content to a different drive.

• What I want to do is: 

-To move the My DAZ 3D Library to the D drive.

-Change the installation path of the DAZ installer.

-Have DAZ3D which is installed on C drive access the D Drive for content. 

Is this possible or do I need to just install DAZ 3D on the D drive which will slow loading and rendering?

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

1) Move it to where you want it to be

2) Open up the content directory manager

3) Expand daz studio formats. Then click on old library location and hit remove

4) Click on daz studio formats again, then hit add, and add the new location. Then hit accept.  If you are using connect or DIM, you will need to do some more stuff, that I can't help with, as I do manual installs myself.

Added a screenshot in case you don't know how to get to directory manager

directory.jpg
    1038 x 593 - 201K