Just purchased Alexandra 8, hangs on load, will not load

dru_494f0ac36edru_494f0ac36e Posts: 14

Hello everyone,

Just purchased Alexandra 8, and installed through daz connect. Product just hangs when attempting to load.

Any help would be appreciated.

<edit>

I left for an hour, and when I came back, it was loaded. I don't know why it is so slow. At least it is working now!

Post edited by dru_494f0ac36e on

Comments

• Hello Everyone,

Just purchased and installed Alexandra 8 through Daz Central.

Product will not load in scene, Daz just hangs on 'reading asset'. Please help! This was an expensive purchase for me!

Best,

Dru

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

First thing to do is to try uninstalling and reinstalling.

• Does the base Genesis 8 Female still load normally?

• Merged duplicate threads.

I do find character presets, except (fortunately) for the base figures, much slower to load - if possible I just apply the shaping and materials presets to a base figure instead. Others, however, do not see this behaviour.

• I had given up and gone for a walk for an hour - Daz was still open. When I came back, Alexandra had loaded.

It just apparently took forever, and I don't have a slow machine at all! Thanks so much for the comments.

• What is your normal character load time? Does the issue still presist on second load? I had recently looked into this. First time loading a character after installing a product that add morphs will cause daz to rewrite its cache file and be extra slow to load.

• I had given up and gone for a walk for an hour - Daz was still open. When I came back, Alexandra had loaded.

It just apparently took forever, and I don't have a slow machine at all! Thanks so much for the comments.

Sometimes stuff like this happens if you have too many characters or morph packs installed at once. How many characters do you have?