It's really hard because Daz Studio is so slow.

It's really hard because Daz Studio is so slow.

There is no problem with rendering, but Daz Studio itself is too slow. Daz's slowness has been hypothesized, and experiments have narrowed the possibilities. However, I am having a lot of trouble solving the problem because I can't figure out a solution to this problem.

I have so many 3D items (duf, obj or etc). Most of the 3rd party assets are, but only compressed files before installation reach 1TB. The number of these items reaches 4,000.

While checking the hypothesis I mentioned earlier, I identified two possible causes. First, it slows down because of so many assets. The second I think is caused by the first problem, but because of storing and writing too many assets (even though there are not even 10 objects to render!!!), the SSD reads/writes as it rises above 85 degrees Celsius. This is because the speed drops below 1/4 of the original performance, creating a vicious cycle.

I was able to check the two causes I mentioned earlier very simply. I simply modified the path of the content library folder and used only 100 assets, so there was no problem. I tried experimenting with various changes in the number and capacity of items to confirm this hypothesis, but in fact, I confirmed that the two causes mentioned above are correct. I could see that it heats up in a shorter time. Of course, at each step, I turned off the computer, waited until it reached 28 degrees Celsius, and then turned on the computer again before performing the experiment.

So I thought. "I'm planning on what assets I need before rendering, and after creating a separate path to store only those items, should I change the content folder path in Daz studio and use it?" Obviously, this is absolutely impossible.

Previously, the explanation was long and verbose. I ask for your patience in this regard. I have 2 questions on this issue.

1. Is there a solution other than a very incredibly cumbersome method of simply changing the content path each time and storing and using only the necessary assets?

2. Is there a way to speed up Daz studio without changing the path or number of assets I have? For example, can the intended purpose be achieved through separate software or third-party methods for managing assets?

Thanks for reading. We are looking forward to a wise answer.

-

PC specification (with liquid cooling system)

CPU: Intel Core i9-9980XE
GPU: NVidia Titan RTX * 4way
STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB * 2
RAM: Samsung DDR4 PC25600 16GB * 8

Comments

• Morphs and other properties will slow loading (as the figure has to be built) and posing (as the effects of the change applied propogate through the figure).

Content Directory Manager will allow you to create multiple sets, so you could make switchign fairly quick once you had the alternative content sets prepared. It can be accessed through the Content Library option menu or through the Preferences dialogue in the Content tab.

• Morphs and other properties will slow loading (as the figure has to be built) and posing (as the effects of the change applied propogate through the figure).

Content Directory Manager will allow you to create multiple sets, so you could make switchign fairly quick once you had the alternative content sets prepared. It can be accessed through the Content Library option menu or through the Preferences dialogue in the Content tab.

Thanks for your answer. Sooner or later, I'll test what you told me to do. Thank you again.