Anybody know where these came from?

AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

​Hi, 

I happened on some materials yesteray but, I can't find the figure they belong to. I've Googled and searched in the store. They don't look like standard materials for sure. There was three. 'Hero', 'Max' and 'Brad', all with similar face material issues. I can only think it was a freebie I downloaded from somewhere but searching is coming up with nothing that fits.

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 11.49.44.png
2880 x 1800 - 4M
Post edited by AbnerK on

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

How big are the texture files? Pixel size, not file size. If they're significantly smaller than the usual Genesis 8 texture, it might be for a low-res figure. There are several in the store, all designed to let you have lots of background characters in your scene without overloading your computer. Those names aren't familiar, though — I have a few different ones, the old Poser-format figures made by Predatron, and none of them use the names in these files.

Just thought of another possibility; there used to be (don't know if it's "still is") a freebie low-res figure designed for use in Second Life. I've never used it, so I couldn't say if that looks like one of its textures.

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

How big are the texture files? Pixel size, not file size. If they're significantly smaller than the usual Genesis 8 texture, it might be for a low-res figure. There are several in the store, all designed to let you have lots of background characters in your scene without overloading your computer. Those names aren't familiar, though — I have a few different ones, the old Poser-format figures made by Predatron, and none of them use the names in these files.

Just thought of another possibility; there used to be (don't know if it's "still is") a freebie low-res figure designed for use in Second Life. I've never used it, so I couldn't say if that looks like one of its textures.

Thanks, they're in the G3/G8 format though. I'm guessing they must have been a freebie I downloaded somtime. The Torso is 4096p . I've searched my Daz Studio and found nothing. I think I'll just delete them. There's only Base maps, the body maps are quite normal, it's just the faces where the eyes are like stains on paper. Totally unusalbe unless I 'borrow' a face and eyes from a merchant resource. 

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

Thanks.