Installing Daz Studio Questions

Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,549

I have been using Daz 4.10 and now find I have to have 4.11 or 4.12 in order to use dforce hair, such as what is found on that cute new kitten that I recently purchased Moshi.

My biggest question is what will happen to my current Daz and all the content I have installed if I install 4.11 or 4.12

My next biggest question is do I have to have Daz Central to download and install Daz...I am not a fan of that kind of install, I prefer manual. Also, I have been reading the forums and Daz Central has too many problems for me to risk using it. What other options are there?

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• You don'ty need Daz Central. I'm not sure about manual install for Daz Studio. I use DIM and it still works. At the very worst get DIM install DS through it and then go back to installing content manually.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Nothing will happen to your content, but DS4.12 will replace DS4.10.  You can install the Public Build (Beta) and leave the 4.10 General Release.

You don't have to use DazCentral.  You can use DIM or download the stand-alone installer from your Product Library (Windows only).  For the Beta you have to use DIM.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,549

Thank you both.