Importing altered OBJ to Daz

Hi everyone! I apologize if this has been answered before but I've done a bunch of digging and for some reason can't seem to find the specific answer I'm looking for.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can offer!

So I have been using Daz and Zbrush pretty well for a while now. I can send an object out of Daz into Zbrush, alter it, and send it back to Daz as a morph using GoZ with no problem.

Now, though, I am hiring a much more skilled Zbrush artist who doesnt use Daz to do a couple of face morphs for me. It seems to me that these are my steps:

Export the model, in this case G8F, out at lowest subd level, as an OBJ

Send the OBJ to the artist who will then do the face morphs (preserving the number of vertices, of course)

The artist will then send me the altered OBJ back.

This is where my questions lie:
Do I then load the OBJ into Zbrush, and then use GoZ to send it to Daz as a morph?
I'm not super familiar with Morph Loader... will that do the trick?

Thanks again, any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,899

Important step: delete the eyelashes before you export a G8 figure. After that, you can use morph loader to import the new model as a morph. I don't know how GoZ works, so I don't know whether that will import the new model as a morph, but you don't have to do that in order to bring it in as a morph.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391

You're not allowed to send G8F obj to someone else.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

The other artist can get their own Daz.  G8F comes with the free starter essentials.  They can export to OBJ, make modifications, import the new OBJ and then save the shape as a preset and send you that preset.  No OBJs need to be exchanged.

• Leana said:

You're not allowed to send G8F obj to someone else.

Thanks for letting me know. I wasn't aware of that. My thought was that since this is not for a commercial product it wasn't an issue.
    Originally the reason we went this way was because he was having a hard time downloading and installing Daz but that has been resolved. 
    Thanks for your response!

• Sevrin said:

The other artist can get their own Daz.  G8F comes with the free starter essentials.  They can export to OBJ, make modifications, import the new OBJ and then save the shape as a preset and send you that preset.  No OBJs need to be exchanged.

That was (mostly) the way we initially were going to handle it but for some reason when he tried to download the software he was having problems so we figured it was easy enough to export the OBJ. Luckily he was able to get a copy of Daz so we are going to go that route instead. 

Thanks for your response!

• Gordig said:

Important step: delete the eyelashes before you export a G8 figure. After that, you can use morph loader to import the new model as a morph. I don't know how GoZ works, so I don't know whether that will import the new model as a morph, but you don't have to do that in order to bring it in as a morph.

Thanks very much! I appreciate your taking the time to answer my question as asked!