Question about ROG Medieval Fantasy Bedroom

Well, as it says, my question is about the ROG Medieval Fantasy Bedroom : https://www.daz3d.com/rog-medieval-fantasy-bedroom

Whenever I load a prop from this set, I notice I then can't just pick the prop as a 'whole' and move it around.  The only solution I have is to re-parent each part of the prop onto something I can select, then move that part.

I'm relatively new to Daz Studio, so I know I must be missing something simple, but I don't know what.

Can someone point out how I can load such a prop, and then move it around without the 're-parenting' procedure (limits the functionality of the product for me)?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,899

I haven't really played with this set much, but I just loaded a prop (big wardrobe 2) into a scene and noticed that Roguey and/or StrangeFate didn't lock the translations on the individual components. This means that, for example, if you click on the wardrobe in your viewport and select one of the doors, you can drag it away from the wardrobe itself, which shouldn't be the case. To avoid this, make sure that you either select the main prop in your scene view, or if you're selecting in the view-port, double-click. This will ensure that any changes you make to the main prop will also apply to the parented bones.

• Thanks; I'll give that a try next time I load it ^_^

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,899

Of course, unless and until they fix this, you can also lock the translations yourself, if you wish.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,398

Whenever I load a prop from this set, I notice I then can't just pick the prop as a 'whole' and move it around.  The only solution I have is to re-parent each part of the prop onto something I can select, then move that part.

You dont have to re-parent because they are already parented when you load them in.

Just select the parent when you move it, and children will have same translations.

parent.JPG
    614 x 505 - 47K
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

As @Gordig has found out from StrangeFate, the set is constructed to give flexibility. For example the wardrobe door can be removed and placed against a wall as if being replaced. As @lilweep said, just selected the parent.