Is deleted geometry gone?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,298

When I have a large land area "TerraDome 3" and I use geometry editor to delete geometry is it gone from the scene?

Does it lower the size of the scene file with it deleted? 

I deleted geometry from TerraDome and it threw off the geometry of my figures too.

Suddenly their scull caps were off and thier I eyes went black.

I am saving my figures and other objects as scene subsets doing the TerraDome editing and reloading them back into the scene to see if that works. 

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,899
    RexRed said:

When I have a large land area "TerraDome 3" and I use geometry editor to delete geometry is it gone from the scene?

Yes.

RexRed said:

Does it lower the size of the scene file with it deleted? 

Yes, although geometry is much less of a factor than textures, and the textures included in TD3, if that's what you're using, are pretty low-resolution, so they shouldn't be making that much of a difference to your render time or scene size.

RexRed said:

I deleted geometry from TerraDome and it threw off the geometry of my figures too.

Suddenly their scull caps were off and thier I eyes went black.

Switch off of the geometry editor tool.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,298

Thanks for the info Gordig!

Yes I switched off the geometry editor tool and the eyes were still black and the scull caps still messed up.

I saved the scene items minus the landscape as a subset then I deleted them from the scene.

Then I deleted the landscape parts with geometry editor.

Then I saved the edited landscape as a subset also. 

Then I loaded them both back into fresh scene. 

and this avoided the problem with the eyes and scull caps going awry.