[Self-Resolved] How to create Hazy Sun Glares?

DMaxDMax Posts: 637

I have always wanted to create such beautiful, dreamy faraway glares (refer to attached sample from the Albert Mansion www.daz3d.com/albert-mansion promo pics) but am not too sure as this is all new to me.

I am assuming that it definitely does require a fog/haze layer... but does one then put a light source (eg. spotlight) behind that layer?
Or do you render several different layers of an image and then bump up the luminosity of the sky/lighted render layer? Or something else? :P

Thank you for your insights!

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 10.41.50 AM.png
2182 x 1294 - 4M
Post edited by DMax on

Comments

• DMaxDMax Posts: 637

Never mind, I think I probably found the answer to my own question... most people perhaps use this product https://www.daz3d.com/ig-iray-dawn-to-dusk-2-atmospheric-lighting

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

bloom in the iray settings probably

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,909

FYI, these kind of effects are quite heavy on your machine but can be done easily in post.

Hylas said:

FYI, these kind of effects are quite heavy on your machine but can be done easily in post.

Yes I was hoping for some insights from fellow Daz artists on postwork (perhaps through layers... still new to DS and photoshop) but will continue searching youtube and google for ideas.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@DMax

There are several Godray, Haze, Smoke Rain, Fog, etc Atmospheric products in the store.

• other than products there are 2 methods I can think of, the first is a combination of the bloom filter and the iray mat fog, the other is a massive sphere covering the scene with refraction weight at 1 refraction index 1 and subsurface settings to create the dust/haze.

the second method hammers your render time though.

Thank you @fastbike1 and @skinklizzard ... I came across DreamLight's products and the Light Dome Pro probably helps as well as the Atmospheric Lighting product that I mentioned earlier. Looking forward to learning the trick!