I will literally pay someone to help me get a third party model working

Okay, I use DAZ as reference and content for my art. I have a third party character model, fully rigged with materials. It is in .fbx, .dae, and .obj formats. Whenever I try to import any format of the files into DAZ, it's like crazy and huge and distorted and twisted up and unrecognizable. The model works in Blender. Problem is I don't know Blender and am just beginnig to learn it and Daz bridge to blender. Is there another way to import or use this model. Can I export it from blender in some way in a format that will actually work in Daz? Can I preserve the rig and materials?

I have a number of models with this issue so I would really like some help getting this figured out. 

I'll shoot you a $10 if you solve it for me. Swear to god. I'll send contact info, I don't care I just want this to work. 

Comments

• you can buy the latest Poser enlightened

import FBX and save as cr2

only successful way I know of

• Hmmmmmm.....I keep thinking about getting it, but I really don't want more 3d modeling programs LOL I'll look into it. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,899

I'll give it a shot. 

• Still don't know about poser, haven't tried it yet, but I was able to transfer a rig from another figure to the obj version in daz. I'd like something with a little more finess and usability, as I described, but I can make due for now. Thanks and if anyone figures anything else out, let me know!

• it really comes down to how often you wish to do this and if you want them rigged

also if you wish to use Poser for other purposes

it still means manually posing them and other issues

on the otherhand learning to use Blender is free

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    As Wendy has stated, that is really the only way to import a rigged figure since the .FBX import option is broken.