Painted versus strand based eyebrows...

The more I use Daz Studio the more exciting stuff I discover about its particulars.

I am noticing that a lot of material maps come with or without what seems like painted eyebrows.

I am mixed about which type I like best...

The strand based eyebrows seem to sometimes just be stuck on where the painted eyebrows often fit the figures features well and look finer at times.

The same goes for strand based hair, sometimes it looks like a mess and sometimes it had just the right perfect look, versus, strips of hair which sometimes looks silkier and finer.

My main question is how do I get some of the painted eyebrows on figures without changing the skin texture maps?

Sometimes I put them on and the face turns a different color.

Then there is the issue of mixing and matching these two types of hair.

The strips on one character and the strands on another character can have really bad mismatched effects.

It would be really great if there was a product where I could take some of these painted eyebrows (I think they're painted) and strip them from the textures they come with and use them on different texture maps.

If we could have a discussion on this so I can possibly understand this better I would be very grateful!?  

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391

In most cases painted eyebrows are part of the face texure map, so you can't just apply the brows from a character to another character.

A very small minority have "overlay brows" using Layered Image Editor that you can apply over other textures, and there are also a few products like Wow Brow or Skin Builder which provide a set of overlay brows you can use on any character.

Another useful tool is Brow remover, which enables you to remove brows from the texture if no browless texture is provided.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Eyebrow hair products are almost always fibremesh, not strand-based. 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,909
    RexRed said:

My main question is how do I get some of the painted eyebrows on figures without changing the skin texture maps?

Sometimes I put them on and the face turns a different color.

You can't use painted eyebrows on other skins.

The exception are some charcters that have LIE or Diffuse Overlay eyebrows. They're not that common, but Victoria 8 has Diffuse Overlay brows (and also fibermesh brows).