How to uninstall Daz Studio completely

snickerbobsnickerbob Posts: 25

I am giving away a pc I've been running Daz on.  I need to clean everything off of it.  How do I uninstall Daz?  I've seen others asking this, but always in the context of doing a re-install.  I don't want to reinstall, I need remove it completely.  Any guidance?

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391

How did you install DS and your content in the first place?

• Can you not simply reformat and reinstall Windows? That should wipe all personal data and application licenses.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Can you not simply reformat and reinstall Windows? That should wipe all personal data and application licenses.

Pretty sure that you should reformat the the thing.  Stuff ends up anywhere and everywhere on a Windows computer.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Not only format and reinstall windows, but also get something like ccleaner and wipe the free space. This actually overwrites every sector on the disk making recovery of deleted files (even from a format) impossible with typical recovery tools.

• Thanks.

Just installed by clicking a link on the Daz web site to download and install.

I don't need a nuclear option here, not trying to remove all personal info, just want to delete software not needed by the person I'm giving the machine too.  I'm afraid "simply reformatting and re-installing windows" doesn't sound simple to me.  The last time I installed Windows 10 on a machine it was a nightmare.