Custom strand hair moves off body whenever I move parent model's XYZ translation

This is a copy and paste from my last post as only one person answered and didn't know the problem. I still need help fixing this problem.

I finally learned how to make custom hair for my characters, which is great cause there is nothing that exists that would suffice otherwise. After playing around with the model I notice that the hair floats off when I move the model up and down, left and right, and back and forth. What is up with that? It's like the translation speed/distance of the hair is twice of that of the model. Is there a easy fix or did I not to something right during hair creation? Note that it's just fine if I pose the head forward, back, any which way. The yellow strand markers in veiwport stick with the model like I want. This is all in Iray using strand based hair straight from the hair editor.

Please tell me how to fix this, I spent 8 hours trying to get this perfect for my models.

Hair Help 04.png
1039 x 881 - 465K
Hair Help 01.png
1039 x 881 - 390K
Hair Help 03.png
1039 x 881 - 363K
Hair Help 02.png
1039 x 881 - 397K

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,398

This is a copy and paste from my last post as only one person answered and didn't know the problem.

I did know the problem.

I said dont parent it. 

edited September 2020

If you think unparenting didnt work, go to parameters and zero the translations

Post edited by lilweep on
  • willowmoon3dwillowmoon3d Posts: 42
    edited September 2020

Select the strand-based hair in the scene and under the Parameters tab (under general) - look for Misc - make sure the “Fit To” is enabled for your character. Just had the same problem 

oh and a p.s - make sure it's parented to the head :) 

pps - thanks to @lilweep

Post edited by willowmoon3d on

Select the strand-based hair in the scene and under the Parameters tab (under general) - look for Misc - make sure the “Fit To” is enabled for your character. Just had the same problem 

Umm, SBH shouldnt be parented otherwise any transformations will be doubled...

Having "Fit to" selected with the correct item is enough.

You can put SBH in a group, but transformations of the group should be at 0,0,0

• mwah! still new at this sbh hair thing so learning as I go. Thanks

lilweep said:

Umm, SBH shouldnt be parented otherwise any transformations will be doubled...

Having "Fit to" selected with the correct item is enough.

You can put SBH in a group, but transformations of the group should be at 0,0,0