"Legacy" items appeared in my Install Manager

After a purchase yesterday, I logged into Install Manager to install the two items and noticed that there are thirty items awaiting download, most of them with the tag "legacy" at the end of their names. According to DIM, all of these items are already installed on my PC under names that are not tagged as legacy.

What are these duplicate legacy items? Do I really need to commit more hard drive space for them if the original items are already installed?

DIM_Legacy.PNG
722 x 872 - 73K

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391

Legacy files are DS files saved in older format from before DS4.5 where Daz introduced DSON and .duf format. For some time after DS4.5 release Daz provided some content as both "legacy" and "DSON core" files, for people who had not moved to 4.5.

You don't need them if you're using a recent version of DS.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

If you go to DIM's Download Filters and untick pre-4.5 versions of DS they won't be shown.

• DMaxDMax Posts: 637

I had the same issue and noticed that under the Download filters there seemed to be two new categories Daz Connect "Available" and "Installed" which were auto-checked. Not entirely sure but I don't believe that these filter options were there previously.. but anyway unchecking them both removed the list of legacy and PS files to download. FWIW.