Is an automated obfuscator possible

For those of you who know the Ghost in the Shell SAC anime series, think "Laughing Man mask". I am wondering here if it is possible to create a plane which would mask for example a character's face, pretty much like those mosaics used on TV to keep a witness anonymous on a news broadcast, and have it move relatively to the camera and a G8 so ti always masks his/her face, as you move the camera around the character. And by this I mean, without havout to manually move that "obfuscator" manually. It might be silly to hope for this, but the idea is nagging at me.

Post edited by second_technician_rimmer_9571136c47 on

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

You can create a prop and move it in front the character's face, and then parent it to the head, using parent in place.  Depending on how it's set up, you can tell it to "point at camera" in the Constraints of parameters.  That might give odd results when the character's head is turned, but it's worth a shot.

• Okay, I gave it a try. What happens is that the object (here a rectabgular plane) twirls around as I move py camera angle. 

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

Not sure if it'd do what you want, but Voxelizer may do it

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Okay, I gave it a try. What happens is that the object (here a rectabgular plane) twirls around as I move py camera angle. 

In that case, try it without pointing at the camera.  To be honest, this is normally something added to video, that is, added in a video editor, kind of like Snapchat filters add effects to video streams.