Next update to support new RTX cards?

I want to pull the trigger on one of these but from what I have seen in other threads, they don't support it yet. Is there any time frame for an update?

Comments

• No. It will presumably get added to the public beta first so keep an eye on that.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,392

Daz almost never gives timeframes on new features.

• RikGGRikGG Posts: 20

I'm just in the process of working out what kind of upgrade I need to my hardware and have been looking at the Nvidia GTX and RTX cards to decide which is best. But from this thread it sounds as if the RTX isn't supported. Could someone help me out and tell me the best card to get, please? (Or at least the best series of cards, so I can debate with my wallet which one I can afford.) Thanks

• RikGG said:

I'm just in the process of working out what kind of upgrade I need to my hardware and have been looking at the Nvidia GTX and RTX cards to decide which is best. But from this thread it sounds as if the RTX isn't supported. Could someone help me out and tell me the best card to get, please? (Or at least the best series of cards, so I can debate with my wallet which one I can afford.) Thanks

Turing (20x0 RTX) is fully supported, it's Ampere (30x0) that isn't yet supported - I would hold on for a few weeks and see if we get a new version of DS, at least a Public Build - that may also give time for the inital supply issues to clear, and possible stability issues with soem models to be sorted or to become clearer.

• RikGG said:

At this time waiting is the best option. The 20x0 cards are out of stock or overpriced and the 30x0 are not yet supported. 

• RikGGRikGG Posts: 20

Thanks